Friday 12 October 2012

New York Fashion Week SS 2013...Backstage at Tory Burch

Backstage at Tory Burch Spring/Summer 2013, NYC, Tuesday 11th September 2012.

On a sunny Autumn morning in NYC, Tory Burch presented her SS2013 collection....and it was breathtakingly beautiful. Anyone who has read my blog for awhile will know I love photographing girls with a slight hippie/boho vibe....give me undone hair, a stack of ethnic jewellery collected on far-flung travels, colours which would make a courting bowerbird happy, pretty make-up and I am in photographic heaven. So when I saw the new collection and wonderful hair (thick, messy fishtail braids by the genius Eugene Souleiman) and barely-there make-up ("brows filled in and brushed; Runway Rose {pinkish cream from MAC palette} across eyelid and inner corners of eye; curl lashes; must have brown {greyish cream from MAC palette) through crease and brushed under lower lashes.blend; tiny bit of talking tan on lips if needed, lip balm otherwise" ) I was so happy that the lovely Tory Burch team had invited me to photograph backstage again. Wheat-prints, high, block-heeled tasselled loafers, a turquoise, coral and gold embellished blouse, a tasselled-hooded kaftan (lazy beach days anyone?), tie-dye shorts, skirt and dress, stacks of rings on each of the model's hands (handmade by women in Ghana), an ombre jacket, stripes paired with prints, evening dresses worn with easy-to-wear Moroccan slippers.... I loved it all.

11 comments:

  1. I love the flat loafers and the hair! Such beautiful photos Vanessa! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great style so inspiring!
    xxx
    S

    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so fun and inspiring!
    Http://lovelypinkdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful photos!

    http://lauwashere.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful snaps of a superb collection, Vanessa! I am seriously transfixed by those plaits - they are pretty much a work of art in my eyes! And the subtle infusion of ethic and natural prints, patterns and influences probably makes Tory Burch one of the stand out shows of the season.

    Best Wishes,

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. these braids are so beautiful...

    http://www.frenchinlosangeles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @monkeyshines and @S - Agreed. I love each season of Tory Burch just that little bit more!

    @the style crusader - I forgot about putting the flat loafers as one of my favourite things! I loved them as well - so wearable. Thanks re the photos :)

    @Shopaholic and @Laura- thank you very much!

    @barefoot duchess and @Constance - they are just beautiful aren't they....I don't think I will ever get sick of seeing braids on the catwalk.

    @Deanna - it was a really fun collection - lots of different prints, embellishments, fabrics, textures.

    @Tara - I agree Tara, it was a stunning collection and I think the plaits worked so well with all of the pieces. It is hard to tell from my photos but there was so many tiny details on the clothes - from embroidery to tiny little Tory Burch logos. And the accessories? So gorgeous. I loved the little tasselled bags (which would work just as well with jeans as with "grown-up" skirts and blouses) and the ethnic necklaces and rings.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. love everything about this! those braids are epic. i wish my hair was long enough!

    H

    http://www.thefashionhash.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool cool cool
    http//scostumista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete